Book Title: The Gifted Adult: A Revolutionary Guide for Liberating Everyday Genius(tm)
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Author: Mary-Elaine Jacobsen
- Living With Intensity: Understanding the Sensitivity, Excitability, and the Emotional Development of Gifted Children, Adolescents, and Adults
- Your Rainforest Mind: A Guide to the Well-Being of Gifted Adults and Youth
- Gifted Grownups: The Mixed Blessings of Extraordinary Potential
- Bright Adults: Uniqueness and Belonging across the Lifespan
- Why Smart People Hurt: A Guide for the Bright, the Sensitive, and the Creative
- Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children and Adults: ADHD, Bipolar, OCD, Asperger's, Depression, and Other Disorders (2nd Edition)
- Searching for Meaning: Idealism, Bright Minds, Disillusionment, and Hope
- Positive Disintegration
- Smart Girls in the 21st Century: Understanding Talented Girls and Women
- Refuse to Choose!: Use All of Your Interests, Passions, and Hobbies to Create the Life and Career of Your Dreams
Are you relentlessly curious and creative, always willing to rock the boat in order to get things done . . . extremely energetic and focused, yet constantly switching gears . . . intensely sensitive, able to intuit subtly charged situations and decipher others' feeling? If these traits sound familiar, then you may be an Everyday Genius--an ordinary person of unusual vision who breaks the mold and isn't afraid to push progress forward. . . .
As thought-provoking as Daniel Goleman's Emotional Intelligence, psychologist Mary-Elaine Jacobsen's Gifted Adults draws on a wide range of groundbreaking research and her own clinical experience to show America's twenty million gifted adults how to identify and free their extraordinary potential. Gifted Adults presents the first practical tool for rating your Evolutionary Intelligence Quotient through an in-depth personality-type profile. Demystifying what it means to be a gifted adult, this book offers practical guidance for eliminating self-sabotage and underachievement, helping Everyday Geniuses and those who know, love, and work with them to understand and support the exceptional gifts inherent in these unique personality traits.